List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Has IRC support been removed from Kopete for KDE
From:       "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-26 16:44:15

2008/8/26 Olivier Goffart <ogoffart@kde.org>:
> Le mardi 26 août 2008, Dotan Cohen a écrit :
>> In KDE 4.1 I cannot find an IRC plugin for Kopete. I asked on my
>> distro's mailing list and it was suggested that I take the question
>> here. This downstream bug (Kubuntu) seems to suggest from an
>> unreliable source that IRC support has been removed completely from
>> Kopete:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdenetwork-kde4/+bug/201732
>>
>> Thank you in advance for shedding any light on this matter.
>
> While porting the irc plugin to KDE4, the maintainer of that plugin has tried
> to refactor it completly. But he finaly had no time to continue and let the
> plugin in a unstable state.
> And nobody had step up to replace him.
> So the plugin has been removed.
>
> If someone else want to continue the work, or restart the port from scratch,
> he is welcome.
> Until then, there will be no IRC support in Kopete, sorry.

Thanks for the info, Olivier. I will mention that to my distro's
mailing list. Maybe somewho who is familiar with C++ will find the
time to do it.

We appreciate all the hard work you and the other devs put into Kopete. Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il
א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן- -ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü