List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] This year school Computer Project.
From:       Michaël_Larouche <larouche () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-01-30 21:35:40

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le January 30, 2007 09:02, Iori Yagami a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> This year i have a computer project for my university. I was thinking of
> doing something around kopete ( long overdue :) ).
>
> I have several interests , since GUI to usuability and protocol plugins
> work. I dont wish to work on KDEPIM integration , not that i dont like it ,
> i actually love it, but i am not very familiar with it.
>
> So, my proposal :
>
> + MSN -> mantain protocol compability and try to implement all features
> + Jabber -> mantain protocol compability and try to implementl all features
> of xmpp ( or else )
> + mantain some unmantained protocol.
>
> but could do if asked :
>
> + Do gui work ... cof cof cof cof cof cof multiple window sizes ( i did
> this for kopete in kde3 and working very well , so i think i can manage to
> do it again )
>
> + Other usuability things.
>
> Please respond to my email , since i am not in the kopete list anymore.
>
> Thanks !

First of all, this is great that you'll will able to do work on KDE on your
school time. I have done it once and it was a really fun experience.

Second, be more precise about your proposal. This is too vague. I can suggest
you some areas that really need some work for Kopete 1.0:
-New contact list model and view, using Qt Interview framework
-Migrate more common tasks into a Kopete::Task/KComponentJob.
-Chatwindow cleanup and improvement

As for MSN/Windows Live Messenger protocol, I would be glad to get some hand
on MSNP13 contact list :) Of course, when this part will be done, we will
move on to the next step. I have put a nice TODO list in libpapillon
directory(kopete/protocols/messenger/libpapillon/TODO.dox).

For Jabber, I will leave that part to Olivier Goffart, the Jabber maintainer.
--
Michaël Larouche
KDE developer working on Kopete, Gamefu(KDE), Solid...on dial-up :P