List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete Development Status
From:       Johann Ollivier Lapeyre <johann.ollivierlapeyre () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-20 10:43:46

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> Tagging for KDE 3.5.1 is Friday. While there's not been an actual freeze
> announced, I'm assuming it's the same as last time and things are frozen
> until coolo tags KDE 3.5.1 Friday.

you mean today? I'm improving  icons on 0.12, and i wanted do the same for
0.11 tonight. Is it ok?

I've updated the Kopete Development page of the wiki to reflect the recent
> updates to development. The web site will be updated over the weekend wit=
> the roadmap of new features and announcement of the dates, etc.

Good. I'd like to work on the kopete website.

The status of MSN is still up in the air. Do I need to take the version fro=
> the KDE 3.5 branch?

I don't know, but this night, i made succesfulls files transferts from MSN
7.5 with CodingSlave/Gregg  :-))))

What is the status of Jingle?

From an user point of view (i'm making lots of tests with it), i made
succesfull call in several situation (kopete<->kopete, psi-jingle<->kopete,
gtalk<->kopete ). Audio quality is good.

When a call is made, the stability is good (no crash yet). There are still =
3
problems:
- Call is possible only if the 2 users are autorized together, and it is no=
easy today (usability problems). DarkShock and Gof are working on it, and b=
soon fixed
- usabillity: call is made with (again) a pop-up windows, often hidden by a=
other window. Kopete is becoming un-usuable like Gimp. This could be solve
with side tabs in chat windows (but not for 0.12 i fear).

When i see how things evolves, it is maybe too soon to  exclude  it from
0.12 release?

Can the XHTML+CSS chatwindow stuff be considered done?

For me yes, 2 things to do:
- communicate our work to the Adium team, and little changes on the specs
- add more style to svn and kde-look. I'm working on it, and try to get mor=
contributors (It should be easier with an alpha package, after the freeze)