List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [kopete-devel] Kopete Development Status
From:       Matt Rogers <mattr () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-20 5:07:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

Just a quick update for everybody:

A merge from dev-0.12 to trunk will take place on Friday during the afternoon
and evening my time (-6 GMT). I will only guarantee that libkopete, kopete,
and testbed compile after the merge.

There is a little over two weeks until the feature freeze for 0.12. Please get
in any new features before Feb. 6th. There will be a alpha or a beta release
within a week of feature freeze. Depending on how fast things move, the
release will be on or before April 3rd.

Tagging for KDE 3.5.1 is Friday. While there's not been an actual freeze
announced, I'm assuming it's the same as last time and things are frozen
until coolo tags KDE 3.5.1 Friday.

Kopete in trunk is getting closer to compiling completely. Gadu-Gadu and
NowListening now compile.

I would appreciate it if somebody could try and find a replacement for our use
of Q3MimeSourceFactory in libkopete/kopetemimesourcefactory.{h,cpp}. AFAICT,
the Qt resource system won't work for the way we're using the old
QMimeSourceFactory.

I've updated the Kopete Development page of the wiki to reflect the recent
updates to development. The web site will be updated over the weekend with
the roadmap of new features and announcement of the dates, etc.

yahoo_rewrite has been merged and seems on the way to being nicely stabilized
for 0.12. If possible, any regressions in the number of features should be
fixed.

And a few questions from me:

The status of MSN is still up in the air. Do I need to take the version from
the KDE 3.5 branch?

What is the status of Jingle?

Can the XHTML+CSS chatwindow stuff be considered done?

Have a nice weekend. :)
--
Matt