List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Kopete Development Status
From:       Michaël_Larouche <michael.larouche () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-01-20 13:36:47

Le Vendredi 20 Janvier 2006 00:07, Matt Rogers a écrit  :> Hi,>> Just a quick update \
for everybody:>> A merge from dev-0.12 to trunk will take place on Friday during the> \
afternoon and evening my time (-6 GMT). I will only guarantee that> libkopete, \
kopete, and testbed compile after the merge. Like your last merge, I'll make sure \
that the know to compile things will compile after your merge.
> Tagging for KDE 3.5.1 is Friday. While there's not been an actual freeze> \
> announced, I'm assuming it's the same as last time and things are frozen> until \
> coolo tags KDE 3.5.1 Friday.
That's bad CodingSlave didn't finish the fix for file transfert in MSN.
> Kopete in trunk is getting closer to compiling completely. Gadu-Gadu and> \
> NowListening now compile.
More will come next week :)
IRC protocol will take longer to port because it's still the old KDE3 socket \
implementation (not new thiago network classes). I'm not sure that I'll port it. \
Maybe I'll leave that to IRC maintainer. For Jabber, I'll wait for the feature freeze \
in 0.12 to start porting it (Psi has begin to port to Qt4, include a Qt4 libiris).
> I would appreciate it if somebody could try and find a replacement for our> use of \
> Q3MimeSourceFactory in libkopete/kopetemimesourcefactory.{h,cpp}.> AFAICT, the Qt \
> resource system won't work for the way we're using the old> QMimeSourceFactory.
I haven't looked at that yet.
> What is the status of Jingle?
Sorry, the work is stalled, IMO this should be considered as a experimental feature. \
Will try to motive me to work on this this weekend, because the freeze is in 2 weeks \
:)
> Can the XHTML+CSS chatwindow stuff be considered done?It's like Johann said, that's \
> the missing things (besides fixing bugs ;)). See his email.
Doc is complete, planned features for 0.12 is complete.