List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] KResource wiki page (aka how much we suck at
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-21 7:23:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le Samedi 21 Mai 2005 08:04, Matt Rogers a écrit  :
> Hi,
>
> In another great example of just how well we do a great job of
> communicating around here (that's got sarcasm baked in, smeared on, etc.
> IOW, I can't express enough sarcasm in email to make you understand how
> frustrated I am by this lack of communication) there is now a a wiki page
> on the KDE wiki that talks about the KResources contact list stuff. There
> are a few HUGE problems with this: [...]

I agree.
I don't like this *development* wiki.
I was not even aware about this KRessource page either.

I just used the wiki to put some users documentation.  Since the write access
to the website is so difficult.

> We _SHOULD_ be using this list rather than IRC to
> discuss major issues such as this. yes, IRC is great for small things, or
> to bounce ideas off of people so that a proposal or a more concrete idea
> can be formed, or to say that you've finished a patch, where should you
> send it type stuff, and I could go on. Maybe I'm the only one left out of
> the loop because i'm not in Europe and have no job, or a job that lets you
> IRC 24/7 like everybody else, but we had this problem earlier and we've
> lost good developers over it. If you want to lose another one, keep it up.
> That's not a threat, but a promise. I can't stand the lack of
> communication. We can (and should) do better.

I mostly agree.
But on the other hands, message like "[this mail] is so long that i have no
interest in reading it."[1] doesn't help to motivate me to write.

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kopete-devel&m=111533945907395&w=2