List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    RE: [kopete-devel] Metacontact::photo() part III, contactlist photo
From:       "Iori Yagami" <yagami () netcabo ! pt>
Date:       2004-12-05 11:41:54

Hi.

I have some ideas about this , maybe it can help.

1 -> ... well , the current style appears to be good .. but  if anyone can
think of another better , feel free.

2 -> for this , and I hate to sound like a copycat , but trillian 3.0 (
alpha ) makes this very nicely :

	The smile icon disappears , the status information become integrated
with the photo ( there is a little sign on top of the photo if the user is
in brb mode ). Also , there seems to be available enough space for the third
or second line to be the away status reason ( like away , or brb , or on
class , or working , etc )

	If the user is offline , the photo should be black and white , yes.

	Also , an important thing here , is for all contacts to have the
same space. Also , trillian does this very well , in my opinion. If a
metacontact doesn't have a photo , an symbolic icon will be appear. ( if he
is status normal , some protocol or "normal" icon ... if he is away , like a
NA sign , etc )

If you want a screenshot of trillian , just say so ,I will make one
available.

If noone cares about this , and thinks that trillian usuability is rubbish ,
I was just trying to help !