List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Metacontact::photo() part III, contactlist photo
From:       Marc Cramdal <marc.cramdal () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-12-05 8:56:44

On Sunday 05 December 2004 06:55, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:
> Ok guys, I have the code to show the photo in the contact list. Before
> commiting anything I want to discuss some issues. (look the referenced
> screenie) (don't blame it, quick prototype to get the thing working, this
> email purpose is exactly to discuss the final look)
>
> http://aseigo.bddf.ca/dms/32/85_kopete-yay.png
Nice, nice job :-) Really, I enjoy this.

> for kde-usability guys, please read my blogs entries in kdedevelopers.org
> if you are not aware of this topic and you are interested.
>
> As a summary Kopete now uses KABC photo in tooltips, and since now, it can
> show the photo in the contact list. Integration to allow import/sync
> between specific protocol avatars and the photo is coming too. I am not
> subscribed to usability so CC to me or kopete-devel is appreciated.
>
> 1- Should I make a new style [1] or just use the current detailed view?
> 1.1- in case [1] I want to hear ideas about this style.
No new style but maybe some options....

> 2- Should I put the photo AND the icon (like the screennie) [3] or use the
> smile icon only if no picture available [2]
I think the smiley icon is required for the status. We __need__ to know the
status of the contact. So I think we should have :
Smiley | DisplayName | Photo

As aseigo said, a small margin around the photo would be good. Smaller photo
sizes too, maybe (http://www.adiumx.com/images/contactlist/ss3.jpg), or the
ability to choose this size.

Great Job !!