List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Remove group by metacontact
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-11-04 22:32:07

On November 04, 2003 06:13 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> An additional thought though... We already have basic support for
> multi-group  membership. There are a bunch of issues with it right now,
> but *perhaps* we can sort them out after KDE 3.2 allowing contacts to be
> _reliably_ in multiple groups.
>
> The challenge will then shift to determining what group an active chat
> belongs  to, and hence under what grouping umbrella the chatview belongs.

Even assuming this is rectified, which it should be, it is not a valid reason to remove
group by account. It still does not solve having to split up meta contacts via
this scheme, and it also forces the user to re-arrange their contact lists all
over the place making groups for every account.

> This might prove rather challenging to get right, but perhaps it's worth
> pursueing after 3.2?

Yes after 3.2 we should get multiple grouping worked out.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org