List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Remove group by metacontact
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2003-11-04 23:57:10

I requested this feature, and there is a bug report about it somewhere.

I talk to many people on many protocols, and I really need the ability to
group by metacontact.  Please do not remove it.

I often have contacts using ICQ, AIM, MSN, and 2 Jabber accounts to talk to
me.  Since they're using Windows, they'll switch to whichever one isn't
crashed at the moment.  I don't want new windows all over the damn place for
*one* person.

Or somebody will send me an MSN message, and I won't be at the computer, so
they'll send me a Jabber message too.  When that doesn't work, they'll send
me an IRC message.  I want these in one window, not 3.

Since most of the rest of this thread is talking about grouping by account,
rather than grouping by metacontact, I won't respond to it.

--
Casey Allen Shobe
cshobe@softhome.net