List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Remove group by metacontact
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-04 22:13:55

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 23:09, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> I've heard some valid arguments actually, I changed my mind. I won't likely
> use it myself, but better leave it in.

An additional thought though... We already have basic support for multi-group
membership. There are a bunch of issues with it right now, but *perhaps* we
can sort them out after KDE 3.2 allowing contacts to be _reliably_ in
multiple groups.

The challenge will then shift to determining what group an active chat belongs
to, and hence under what grouping umbrella the chatview belongs.

This might prove rather challenging to get right, but perhaps it's worth
pursueing after 3.2?

--
Martijn