List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Remove group by metacontact
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-04 22:09:38

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 21:45, Will Stephenson wrote:
> I didn't think of this case.  What if we nest groups?

No way. It would make the API quite a lot more complicated, because groups can
get other groups as parents and stuff like contact counts in the list view
items have to cater for nested groups as well.

Not to mention that only geeks tend to understand trees more than one level
deep, many people already have troubles with the concept of the file
system...

Please stay away from that path. (And _definitely_ before KDE 3.2 :)

> If we can meet everyone's requirements using groups, then we can do without
> an accounts option, if not, we'll have to keep it.

I've heard some valid arguments actually, I changed my mind. I won't likely
use it myself, but better leave it in.

--
Martijn