List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] protocol icon stuff
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-03-04 17:05:26

On March 4, 2003 01:10 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2003 17:57, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > The icons have sub menus per identity. If I right click on my IRC
> > protocol icon I see "brunes_kopete@irc.freenode.net:6667" and
> > "brunes_test@irc.freenode.net:6667" as submenus. We cant have an icon per
> > identity, it would get way too crowded down there. Think IRC, MSN, AOL,
> > Jabber, Yahoo all loaded, with 3 irc accounts, 2 msn accounts...
>
> Are there *sane* people that actually do that then? ;-)

In xchat, I am connected to 3 irc servers constantly, so I will be doing the same with kopete.
Add to that my MSN, AOL, Yahoo, and ICQ accounts, and 1 icon per account
would be too much.

We have already had reports of users wanting to use 4 different AOL accounts at the same
time, so it isn't rare as you think, especially when IRC comes in.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org