List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Three more wishes. :)
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-29 15:10:11

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 16:58, Jeff Stuart wrote:
> #1) The "tabbed" interface.  IE ALL conversations appear as seperate tabs
> of a single window.  That's REAL handy when you're talking to 3 or more
> people.

Is needed to port IRC to KMM anyway, so this will likely show up for free in
the next Kopete release or so :)

> #2) Buddy Pounces... When a person on my contact list signs on, gaim can
> send a message to em.  That's saved my bacon more than once!

I want to add a generic API to the contact list (it's not that generic yet,
although 0.4 is a step in the right direction). After that's done we can add
features like that. Currently it would have to be done in all plugins
probably and that's kinda ugly, no? :)

> #3) A ticker of everyone who's online.  Similar to like the news ticker.
> It scrolls a list of everyone who's online.  The SLICK thing would be if it
> could be made dockable onto the panel or a child panel.  This is handy
> because you can just click on the person in the ticker without ever having
> to bring up the contact list.

Hmm, by the time Kopete is mature enough a DCOP interface and a separate
kicker applet would do. For now I'd say this is the least important of the
three, because it's the hardest to do with the CURRENT API. Kopete probably
looks more mature on the outside than it API-wise actually is :)

Martijn