List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Three more wishes. :)
From:       Jeff Stuart <jstuart () computer-city ! net>
Date:       2002-05-29 16:06:52

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 11:10 am, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 May 2002 16:58, Jeff Stuart wrote:
> > #1) The "tabbed" interface.  IE ALL conversations appear as seperate tabs
> > of a single window.  That's REAL handy when you're talking to 3 or more
> > people.
>
> Is needed to port IRC to KMM anyway, so this will likely show up for free
> in the next Kopete release or so :)

AHH gotcha.. ok... :)  And yes, when using the IRC proto, having a tabbed
interface is even more important. ;)  Imagine having about 5 channels open
and then 3 seperate IM convos... Then tabbed interface is REAL important. :D

Hmm... is there a todo somewhere that I can look at?  And is the IRC port to
KMM due for 0.4 or beyond?

> > #2) Buddy Pounces... When a person on my contact list signs on, gaim can
> > send a message to em.  That's saved my bacon more than once!
>
> I want to add a generic API to the contact list (it's not that generic yet,
> although 0.4 is a step in the right direction). After that's done we can
> add features like that. Currently it would have to be done in all plugins
> probably and that's kinda ugly, no? :)

Yes, that's VERY VERY ugly.. :D  I'm not sure how gaim did it but... ;)  I
also know that they want to do a complete API rewrite but they've been saying
that for a WHILE now.. ;)

> > #3) A ticker of everyone who's online.  Similar to like the news ticker.
> > It scrolls a list of everyone who's online.  The SLICK thing would be if
> > it could be made dockable onto the panel or a child panel.  This is handy
> > because you can just click on the person in the ticker without ever
> > having to bring up the contact list.
>
> Hmm, by the time Kopete is mature enough a DCOP interface and a separate
> kicker applet would do. For now I'd say this is the least important of the
> three, because it's the hardest to do with the CURRENT API. Kopete probably
> looks more mature on the outside than it API-wise actually is :)

AHH gotchas... Ok... And you're right, this is the least important.. :D  Right
now, the thing that would let me throw gaim away completely would be if I
could have multiple accounts per protocol.. ;)  Once that's up and running...
YAH... complete dockable IM application. :D