List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Autoaway plugin
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-04 22:57:41

On Saturday 04 May 2002 15:22, Ladislav Strojil wrote:
> I am not getting your point. You would like the status() method to return
> current status? Again, since there is not uniform representation, this does
> not make currently much sense.

No, my point is that it should be *made* a uniform representation, because
your approach has very error-prone side effects. ;-) What if, for example,
you call storeStatus(), setAway() and again storeStatus() ? Can you still
revert to the original status by then? Do you avoid unnecessary code
duplication by reusing the status setting code that is also currently in e.g.
setAway() ? I know that's much more work, but also much more generally useful
for Kopete.

> This looks good, but where is the KopeteStatus class? :-)
> Should I go and implement it from scratch? Or is it somewhere half-finished
> and waiting? :-)

If there is something, you should ask Ryan. I thought he was doing it, so I
never spent time on it myself. If Ryan didn't do this (yet?) it has to be
created from scratch, unfortunately.

Martijn