List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Getting Started -  Revisited
From:       Marc <developer () platinumage ! com>
Date:       2001-09-05 23:22:14

Again, this problem is probably solved in a FAQ somewhere, but I haven't been
able to find it.  For that matter, if somebody could refer me to the
'appropriate' place for these kinds fo quesitons - since they're not
necessarily specific to KOffice development - I would appreciate it.

I've download QT3B4, and done a successful build; no problems.

Attempting to run any of the sample apps, just to test out the build, gives
me library errors, leading me to believe that I need to have the QT3.0
libraries accessible, instead of the 2.x version that my system is running
for KDE.

Of course, to replace the default libraries, I'd have to rebuild the KDE
environment...  I suspect that I have two options.
1) Set aside a 'development box', which gets recompiled from head daily.
2) An alternative way to specify which libraries, etc, are being used by a
running instance of a KDE/KOffice application.

Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Marc