List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kivio compilation problems
From:       Landshark <landshark () verticaladdiction ! net>
Date:       2001-08-31 3:14:10

Hello,

I received the below message from a user.  He's having libpthread link issues.
Is there an easy fix for this?

-dave

----- Forwarded message from Axel Müller <axel.mueller@am-kreativ.de> -----

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:55:46 +0200
From: Axel Müller <axel.mueller@am-kreativ.de>
To: Landshark <landshark@verticaladdiction.net>
Subject: Re: kivio in koffice1.1 src

Landshark wrote:
> Hey Axel,
>
> For whatever reason, libpthread.so was not linked to your binary.  It sounds
> like you downloaded KOffice pre-compiled for your system and on the system it
> was compiled on - they didn't need to link to libpthread.so.
>
> You might want to try compiling KOffice from source.
>
> -dave

oh, the errormessages (below) was the result of

make 2>debug.out

It was exactly what I tried to do: Compiling KOffice from source!

regards,
axel

----- End forwarded message -----

--
| Dave Marotti                | Looking for a Visio alternative for *nix?    |