List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kivio compilation problems
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-31 9:00:16

Landshark wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I received the below message from a user.  He's having libpthread link issues.
> Is there an easy fix for this?

The problem is that the configure check for Python is pretty
basic. It just tries some common combinations of libraries and
hopes that it links :)

In case the user has a strange combination this fails and Kivio
doesn't link. Normally the user should have gotten a warning
while executing the configure script, telling her/him that no
matching combination has been found. It's possible to specify
the needed libraries explicitly till it works by using:

make LIBPYTHON='-lpython$version -lotherlib'

Then the user should tell us which combination worked and we
are able to add it to the checks.

Ciao,
Werner