List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KSpread & Unicode
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-30 21:49:00

Hi!

As KOScript kind of works now (there are still some
problems with operator++ (pre- and postifx), but under
"normal" conditions noone notices ;) I'm trying to get
rid of a few more latin1 calls in KSpread and make
formulas unicode safe.

KOScript is generally Unicode safe (apart from regular
expressions, as the current engine doesn't support that),
so the main problem was passing formulas between KSpread
and the interpreter. I think I fixed some problems there
now (also stone age copy and paste bugs from two years
ago ;).

However, I'd really be happy if some non-latin1 user test
that a bit. Maybe Lukas?

Please check formulas similar to:
=A1+"some string in your language, not latin1"
...where A1 also holds such a string.

For all others (also latin1 users): I changed the
encoding/decoding of formulas. It should be backwards
compatible and work more reliable, but please try to
load old documents and copy formulas around a bit.

The next step is to make table names Unicode strings, so
stay tuned.

Thanks,
Werner