List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.1 Release
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-08-10 18:52:41

Are we back to the discussion of "Re: Why do we need a CVS-fresh KdeLibs to
compile Koffice?" as in March 2001:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=koffice-devel&r=2&w=2&b=200103

I am quotting my email of that time:

<QUOTE>
For the second time since I know the KOffice project, the compatibility of
KOffice to the last *stable* KdeLibs has been broken!

Personnally, I do *not* think it is good!

At first, David Faure has said in its KOffice schedule that the KOffice
version is independant of the KDE version. De facto, this is just not true!

Secondly, it does not permit normal users that want to use the new KOffice
to just grab the CVS version and to *test* it!

Third, it does not permit potential developpers with small computers to
help us. They cannot just afford (time) to compile KdeLibs every then and
when.

If you do not like what I say, then:
- (...)
- call the next KOffice 2.2 or 2.3 and not 1.1.

Sorry if someone feels offenced!
</QUOTE>