List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KoFilterDialog used by Latex filter (was: Re: kword - save as html - bullet points - indent prob
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-07-06 18:19:44

On Thursday 05 July 2001 22:18, Robert JACOLIN wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry not to see the mail before today.
>
> Le ven, 22 jun 2001, Nicolas Goutte a
> > I have just noticed that the Latex export filter uses KoFilterDialog.
> > (Files: latexexportdia.* and kword_export_dia.desktop)
> Yes, but it not very used. It was only the begining of the implementation
> So, what is the choice ?
> can I continue to work on this dialog box ? or may I stop ?

The decision has been that dialogs embedded into the file dialog were not a good
idea. As you might have seen already, they don't work well (e.g. when saving
for the first time, they currently don't show up), and they don't allow things
like running from the command line (for import filters, or with koconverter).

-> the suggested solution is to keep a dialog, but not deriving from KoFilterDialog.
Just a plain standard KDialogBase-derived dialog.