List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Plans for the port of KPresenter to the new QRT stuff
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-07-02 16:39:21

On Monday 02 July 2001 12:52, David Faure wrote:
|   On Monday 02 July 2001 19:45, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|   > May I suggest libktext or librichtext?
|   > As you described this library as very universal, it can be used in
|   > other apps. (not only in KOffice)
|
|   Yes, that day we'll move it somewhere else... since it'll go into
| koffice/lib for now, and have Ko in all the class names, I'd rather use a
| koffice naming for it :)
|   I also don't see why a non-office-suite app would need it. For a widget
| to edit richtext, it should rather use QTextEdit (from Qt3 or knotes'
| backport) Keep in mind that this stuff supports zooming, doc/view
| separation etc. Typically the stuff for office suites only :)

well, I still sticked to idea of web-konstructor, and it of course will need
QTextEditor (WYSIWIG).
Than imagine that lite version of it is embedded into KMail (or used as
external editor for KMail). It's rather strange to make kdenetwork depending
on KOffice.
Quanta developers wanted to use QT Rich Text as well.
Hey, a lot of people are interested in it! :-)

// and as "kate"/new kwrite doesn't work with Unicode at a moment (and will
not work in KDE 2.2, as far as I know from developers), I think Kwrite
rewrite using QT RichText is also not so bad idea.

|   > May be, it will find its way (named librichtext) even to non-KDE apps
|   > :-) // just like arts2 did.
|
|   Except that this lib is heavily based on Qt.

And QT became available under free license for Windows.
Everything is going to happen step-by-step.
I guess kdelibs will be ported to Windows first (before kdebase). So, having
just kdelibs+koffice you will be able to use KWord from Windows.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)