On Monday 02 July 2001 12:52, David Faure wrote: | On Monday 02 July 2001 19:45, Vadim Plessky wrote: | > May I suggest libktext or librichtext? | > As you described this library as very universal, it can be used in | > other apps. (not only in KOffice) | | Yes, that day we'll move it somewhere else... since it'll go into | koffice/lib for now, and have Ko in all the class names, I'd rather use= a | koffice naming for it :) | I also don't see why a non-office-suite app would need it. For a widg= et | to edit richtext, it should rather use QTextEdit (from Qt3 or knotes' | backport) Keep in mind that this stuff supports zooming, doc/view | separation etc. Typically the stuff for office suites only :) well, I still sticked to idea of web-konstructor, and it of course will n= eed=20 QTextEditor (WYSIWIG). Than imagine that lite version of it is embedded into KMail (or used as=20 external editor for KMail). It's rather strange to make kdenetwork depend= ing=20 on KOffice. Quanta developers wanted to use QT Rich Text as well. Hey, a lot of people are interested in it! :-) // and as "kate"/new kwrite doesn't work with Unicode at a moment (and wi= ll=20 not work in KDE 2.2, as far as I know from developers), I think Kwrite=20 rewrite using QT RichText is also not so bad idea. | | > May be, it will find its way (named librichtext) even to non-KDE ap= ps | > :-) // just like arts2 did. | | Except that this lib is heavily based on Qt. And QT became available under free license for Windows. Everything is going to happen step-by-step.=20 I guess kdelibs will be ported to Windows first (before kdebase). So, hav= ing=20 just kdelibs+koffice you will be able to use KWord from Windows. --=20 Vadim Plessky http://kde2.newmail.ru (English) 33 Window Decorations and 6 Widget Styles for KDE http://kde2.newmail.ru/kde_themes.html Do you have Arial font installed? Just test it! http://kde2.newmail.ru/font_test_arial.html _______________________________________________ Koffice-devel mailing list Koffice-devel@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel