List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Adding names to implicit framesets in kword
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2001-05-31 21:53:57

Hi,

At the moment, KWord has tables, embedded objects (and pixmaps?) which cause
the implicit creation of framesets. For tables, we set the name of the
implicit frameset from the grpMgr attribute, which works very nicely.

We don't have an equivalent mechanism for the other case(s): this makes it
very tricky to implement ANCHORs for them. So, I propose that we add a "name"
attribute to EMBEDDED and PIXMAP elements. This will be used to set the name
of the frameset. Later on, we could use these names to generate
Tables-of-Figures etc.

BTW, at the moment, the code generates names for these using i18n
strings...if this is agreed, I will convert the MS Word filter to do the same
sort of thing.

Comments?

Thanks, Shaheed