List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Small paint question
From:       Lenny <kudling () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-31 21:06:07

Hi,

im currently stuck with a problem which i dont know how to handle best.
I want the views to "paint" the objects instead of the document, because i
want to pass an inidividual zoom-factor per view. Thats because
qpainter-scaling has some nice rounding-errors and i dont want the handles to
also scale while zooming, like e.g. killu does. i think its better to scale
in "user-space" opposed to qpainter-scaling.
I think i didnt entirely understand the kpart/koffice paint-mechanism. First
step should be something like this:

document's paintContent() calls all views' paintEverything() in a loop.

ok, views cant access the document-data to make these data-objects draw
themselfes, because they are supposed to be private. should i make them
public (as a hack) or should i introduce a new function or is there already a
nice function to access them for drawing? there are 5 paint*-functions in
koDocument, but i dont know which one i could borrow for the next step.

hm, in general this "document => view => document => objects" chain looks a
bit awkward to me.

What could i do better?

Thank you for you kind enlightenment. :)

Lenny