List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RE: Non latin characters in KWord
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-04-19 13:28:05

I have tested quickly with the current CVS KWord.

It seems that CVS KWord still have problems.
I am only able to have non-latin1 characters if the font is ISO -10646
(Unicode) but does not exist as ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) font (of the same
name).
As soon as the font exists also in latin1, KWord seems not to be able to
use the Unicode font of the same name.

Perhaps, someone with time (and ISO-10646 fonts) should test it too and
discover if on his system, he has the same or similar problems.

XFree 3.3.6 (SVGA driver)
QT 2.2.3
KdeLibs 2.1.1 (compiled from source)
KOffice CVS 2001-04-19 09:52 UTC

Have a nice day/evening/night!

PS.: I have not tested other KOffice applications.
PS.2: I cannot exclude that it is not a configuration problem somewhere.