List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Non latin characters in KWord
From:       Lukas Tinkl <lukas.tinkl () suse ! cz>
Date:       2001-04-20 8:54:27

Dne čt 19. duben 2001 15:28 Nicolas Goutte napsal(a):

Hi,

> I have tested quickly with the current CVS KWord.
>
> It seems that CVS KWord still have problems.
> I am only able to have non-latin1 characters if the font is ISO -10646
> (Unicode) but does not exist as ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) font (of the same
> name).
> As soon as the font exists also in latin1, KWord seems not to be able to
> use the Unicode font of the same name.
>
> Perhaps, someone with time (and ISO-10646 fonts) should test it too and
> discover if on his system, he has the same or similar problems.

I have no problems at all using the latest KWord from CVS; although, now that
you mention it -- I have my AA enabled, so X and KDE is using these fonts as
if they were ISO-10646.

Also other KOffice apps work fine for non-Latin1 characters. Moreover, using
Qt version 2.3.0, it's finally possible to use several languages/scripts in
one document, though printing such multilingual documents doesn't seem to
work yet... Any idea about Qt3? Qt seems to print in the current locale only,
ignoring Unicode. (the same happens in all KOffice apps, not only KWord).

(see this screenshot: http://web.pinknet.cz/~tinkl/pics/koffice_i18n.png)

-
Regards,

Lukas Tinkl | i18n | KDE development