List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord status
From:       Navindra Umanee <navindra () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2001-02-09 22:06:38

Thomas Zander <zander@planescape.com> wrote:
> This then boils down to the problem that we need QT3 to use the
> RichText engine.  And since KDE does not compile with the (still
> alpha) QT3....  So we are at a point of being unable to continue
> until the whole of KDE/koffice can be compiled with QT3.  The
> alternative is to backport the classes, but this has to be done a
> number of times until we reach a release of QT3/KDE.. (Which I am
> not going to invest time in ;)

Hmmm, I hope this time that KDE sticks as long as possible with stable
Qt 2.x.x, and then when Qt3 is out, release a direct port of the latest
KDE without any new features.

Last time was a disaster, IMHO, with stable KDE having remained
stagnant for way too long while developers wrestled with unstable
libraries and constantly changing features.

Please backport...  ;)

Cheers,
Navin.