Thomas Zander wrote: > This then boils down to the problem that we need QT3 to use the > RichText engine. And since KDE does not compile with the (still > alpha) QT3.... So we are at a point of being unable to continue > until the whole of KDE/koffice can be compiled with QT3. The > alternative is to backport the classes, but this has to be done a > number of times until we reach a release of QT3/KDE.. (Which I am > not going to invest time in ;) Hmmm, I hope this time that KDE sticks as long as possible with stable Qt 2.x.x, and then when Qt3 is out, release a direct port of the latest KDE without any new features. Last time was a disaster, IMHO, with stable KDE having remained stagnant for way too long while developers wrestled with unstable libraries and constantly changing features. Please backport... ;) Cheers, Navin. _______________________________________________ Koffice-devel mailing list Koffice-devel@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel