List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: dockers and jumping layout
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-08-31 16:26:09

On Monday 30 August 2010, C. Boemann wrote:

> So I'd like to keep the discussion right now to the overall approach, and not
> to the specifics of what happens inside. Although it's nice enough to know
> that enough wishes exist that we should code it via a strategy pattern

Sorry for losing thrack and jumping back in late -- I was/am pretty sick atm. I do \
like the look of your mockups quite a lot, and I think that we improve the existing \
tool option widgets to make even better use of it than they would do now. I'm not \
convinved that it will solve the problem if changing the width of the docker column, \
but the jumping (and the positioning of the tool option docker) would be solved.

I've still got a feeling that we're running ahead of ourselves though, and that we \
should start with an analysis of what functionality we want to provide, considering \
modality (perhaps the effecet clicking on a url should not be dependent on the \
current mode), presentation of functionality and making clear the various functions \
of the palettes (tool options, shape property inspectors, document inspectors -- and \
what is are the color selectors in krita?).