List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: dockers and jumping layout
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-08-31 7:45:54

On Tuesday 31 August 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> The technically best solution in my mind is still for us to modify Qt to
> have  some layout hints for dockers, but your solution may be the second
> best thing ;)
Yes unfortunately it is not that easy, I have tried, I have looked deeply into
Qt code. It goes very far into the layouting code, which is used by the
dockers internally, that code is poorly documented (at least from the
outsider, dunno if there is any documentation internal to Nokia), very
convoluted you have to track code in many/many different functions. I think the
problem lies in the fact that the layout code is not fully functional for
dynamic layouting, and in particular the sizePolicy is ignored during dynamic
layouting, in attachment I have created a widget with three widgets, the left
and right widgets are  "expanding" horizontally, the middle one is "minimum",
when moving the spliter, I would expect the middle widget to stay of constant
size. So if you know someone who knows the layout code and want to have a look
feel free to pass along my widget :)

Then of course, we would have to check that when dockers are stacked, the
correct size policy is used, but I think it is already correct.

--
Cyrille Berger

["3split.ui" (application/x-designer)]