On Monday 30 August 2010, C. Boemann wrote: > So I'd like to keep the discussion right now to the overall approach, and not > to the specifics of what happens inside. Although it's nice enough to know > that enough wishes exist that we should code it via a strategy pattern Sorry for losing thrack and jumping back in late -- I was/am pretty sick atm. I do like the look of your mockups quite a lot, and I think that we improve the existing tool option widgets to make even better use of it than they would do now. I'm not convinved that it will solve the problem if changing the width of the docker column, but the jumping (and the positioning of the tool option docker) would be solved. I've still got a feeling that we're running ahead of ourselves though, and that we should start with an analysis of what functionality we want to provide, considering modality (perhaps the effecet clicking on a url should not be dependent on the current mode), presentation of functionality and making clear the various functions of the palettes (tool options, shape property inspectors, document inspectors -- and what is are the color selectors in krita?). -- Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel