List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: profiling loading of office documents
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-08-09 8:36:13

Very cool stuff!

> Yes, this is something I have been thinking about but have not actually
> suggested because there are some tough issues with this. The measurement will
> never be exact and the profiling will have to be run on exactly the same
> machine each time.

One idea is to do it like WebKit's SunSpider runner script (Perl): run
each test 5 times (I know it may take a long time) and find out the
95% confidence interval. If it is beyond a certain threshold, e.g. > 5
%, then mark the test as "not confident enough". Thus, only comparing
two confident outcomes will be more or less conclusive.

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ariyahidayat