List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Substitute for the MSOOXML concept of Comments
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-15 17:39:00

On Jueves 15 Julio 2010 01:54:57 Thorsten Zachmann escribió:
> On Thursday 15 July 2010 09:42:09 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 14, 2010 09:01:33 pm Carlos Licea wrote:
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > In our tireless quest against bugs I've been entrusted to solve bug
> > > 239476 BKO (from bugs.kde.org - BKO,) namely,
> > > "kpresenter:msoffice2003:Comments are not displayed in kpresenter."
> > >
> > > In MSOOXML such comments are represented as another file that is tied
> > > to the proper slide through a relationship. A comment is merely a
> > > textbox placed in the document with the comment as its content and
> > > some added metadata (mainly the author, date and id of the comment)
> > > that is hidden while on presentation mode (in the implementation
> > > MS2007 changes this a bit showing a small rectangle instead of the
> > > whole textbox, showing it only when clicked.) I feel that its main
> > > purpose is for the revision of a presentation while being created. A
> > > very simple concept.
> > >
> > > But I'm facing a problem: I haven't been able to find an exact semantic
> > > equivalent to this concept in ODF. The closest is presentation:notes
> > > which allows one to draw a "notes" page where we could place the notes
> > > as they exist on the PPTX file. However, it has some drawbacks, to name
> > > the most prominent: 1)the metadata would be lost unless we insert it on
> > > the form of text inside a textbox; 2)the concepts are not quite the
> > > same, notes are snips of text that explain or expand concepts, or even
> > > recommend further reading for the audience; and overall we are doing
> > > nothing more than replacing a specific concept (Comments) with a more
> > > general one (the creation of a Notes page,) hence losing some context.
> >
> > Comments in ODF presentations are added to slides in OpenOffice by using
> > an extension of the spec that puts an annotation after the presentation
> > notes.
> >
> >    <office:presentation>
> >
> >       <draw:page draw:name="page1" draw:style-name="dp1"
> >       draw:master-page-
> >
> > name="Default">
> >
> >         <presentation:notes draw:style-name="dp2">
> >         </presentation:notes>
> >         <officeooo:annotation svg:x="1.216cm" svg:y="1.566cm">
> >
> >           <dc:date>2010-07-15T07:16:50</dc:date>
> >           <text:p>Hello this is a comment.</text:p>
> >
> >         </officeooo:annotation>
> >
> >       </draw:page>
> >
> >   </office:presentation>
> >
> > Note the use of officeooo instead of office as a namespace prefix.
> > xmlns:officeooo="http://openoffice.org/2009/office"
> > The element <officeooo:annotation> seems to have an identical definition
> > to <office:annotation>
> >
> > I will open an issue in the OpenDocument issue tracker to propose to
> > allow office:annotation in draw:page. Until then I propose to use
> > <officeooo:annotation>.
> >
> > http://tools.oasis-
> > open.org/issues/secure/QuickSearch.jspa?searchString=annotation
Thank you Jos. This is exactly what we needed.

> that gets my vote too.
>
> Thorsten
I'm very pleased you are in favor of this proposal. However, I do find it odd,
after all what we are going to do is no longer valid ODF, it seems to me that
you were more concerned with interoperability with OOo rather than ODF in
general.
Ok, I'm on it.
--
Carlos Licea