List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Google Online document Plugin for KOffice
From:       Pierre Stirnweiss <pstirnweiss () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-07-06 7:08:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Just a quick one to say, both are not mutually exclusive. Indeed, I think it
is even possible to have both a kofficeplugins repo for people who want to
develop plugins without the constraints of the official repo, but still want
an easy install, *and* a plugins/staging subdirectory in our repo for people
who prefer to develop inside the official repo (but with all the constraints
attached).
There is indeed a need to set rules as to how/when a plugin goes in/out from
staging.

And here I agree that our community is neither defined nor limitted by the
repo boudary. Pulling peolpe in our community has much more to do with how
we welcome them on our communication channels (IRC, mailing list), how well
and quick we answer their questions, as well as providing visibility to
their work on our website/blogs realms, so they can feel and are recognised
as part of the koffice realm.

Pierre