List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Google Online document Plugin for KOffice
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-07-06 7:20:57

On Tuesday 6. July 2010 09.08.59 Pierre Stirnweiss wrote:
> Just a quick one to say, both are not mutually exclusive. Indeed, I think
> it is even possible to have both a kofficeplugins repo for people who want
> to develop plugins without the constraints of the official repo, but still
> want an easy install, and a plugins/staging subdirectory in our repo for
> people who prefer to develop inside the official repo (but with all the
> constraints attached).

Thats a very good point, thanks for adding that.

I have the feeling that some are responding a bit briskly because they might
have assumed there was a secondary reason to my suggestion. The intention to
move existing code from koffice to the kofficeplugins dir.
Naturally this will never happen without consent of the maintainer of that
plugin. So if that worry was a reason for objecting, then please don't worry.

For new plugin developers the option should be there for both locations, with
the differences made clear.
And both are part of the koffice community. Which is a huge win over todays
status quo.
--
Thomas Zander