List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with drawing order in kword
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbo () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2010-05-26 8:31:56

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 10:20:12 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 26. May 2010 05.24.04 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > >
> > > This option makes sense to me.
> > > The actual implementation should be completely limited to the textshape
> > > plugin, I think.
> > > The text shape is already a KoShapeContainer so it would be possible to
> > > make the koshapecontainer create a child shape that does the actual
> > > drawing of the text and make that have a zindex of something like
> > > 10000. So its always in front of all other child shapes (which would
> > > be the anchored shapes).
> >
> > Isn't it also possible that the text is behind other shapes?
>
> No.
> Any anchored shape is always either behind the text or is forcing the text
> to flow around it (so ordering is not important).
> I know of no useful scenario where a text is hidden by an anchored shape
> positioned on top of it.
> Naturally a non-anchored shape can be on top of text just fine.
Well the scenario of anchored shape on top of the text is covered by odf, and
I have a document showing just that, so it's possible

I can also easily imagine a case where you want to have a (transparent) image
always floating on top of a paragraph. Think an "invalid" text  to signal the
paragraph is no longer valid.

Anyway it's a valid odf case, so we should support it