List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with drawing order in kword
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-05-26 11:24:00

On Wednesday 26. May 2010 10.31.56 C. Boemann wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 May 2010 10:20:12 Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > Isn't it also possible that the text is behind other shapes?
> >
> > No.
> > Any anchored shape is always either behind the text or is forcing the
> > text to flow around it (so ordering is not important).
> > I know of no useful scenario where a text is hidden by an anchored shape
> > positioned on top of it.
> > Naturally a non-anchored shape can be on top of text just fine.
>
> Well the scenario of anchored shape on top of the text is covered by odf,
> and I have a document showing just that, so it's possible

Details please.

> I can also easily imagine a case where you want to have a (transparent)
> image always floating on top of a paragraph. Think an "invalid" text  to
> signal the paragraph is no longer valid.

Thats irrelevant as those are not anchored (in the kword sense). Thats just a
top-level shape with a higher z-order than the text.
Z-order is only valid within a sub-hierarchy so a child having a really high
z-order has no effect at all on a child of a different parent.

> Anyway it's a valid odf case, so we should support it

I am not convinced.

--
Thomas Zander