List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with drawing order in kword
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-05-26 8:20:12

On Wednesday 26. May 2010 05.24.04 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 May 2010 21:45:34 Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Tuesday 25. May 2010 18.35.41 Hanzes Matus wrote:
> > > 2.       To add parent shape to every text shape and create artificial
> > > zIndex for all shapes Before I start to write the code I want know
> > > community opinion about this topic. Comments are welcome.
> >
> > This option makes sense to me.
> > The actual implementation should be completely limited to the textshape
> > plugin, I think.
> > The text shape is already a KoShapeContainer so it would be possible to
> > make the koshapecontainer create a child shape that does the actual
> > drawing of the text and make that have a zindex of something like 10000.
> > So its always in front of all other child shapes (which would be the
> > anchored shapes).
>
> Isn't it also possible that the text is behind other shapes?

No.
Any anchored shape is always either behind the text or is forcing the text to
flow around it (so ordering is not important).
I know of no useful scenario where a text is hidden by an anchored shape
positioned on top of it.
Naturally a non-anchored shape can be on top of text just fine.
--
Thomas Zander