List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: feature branch
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-04-26 18:24:38

On Monday 26 April 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> As you know the main branch has been opened up for new features now and
> thus any commits that are reviewed can be cherry-picked to the koffice
> trunk.
>
> On IRC I understood from Inge that we will cherry-pick the features.
> I have not really been following the feature branch commits and so I don't
> know what is living there, but I do think we should find finished features
> quickly and integrate those. The quicker its done, the easier the merge
> will be.
>
> So, to any developers that have written their features in the features
> branch, let us > know please so it can be reviewed and the result committed
> to the main branch.
>
> Thanks for replying :)

Yes, sure. I'm sorry I didn't send mail about it earlier, but as you very well
know, I suddenly had to go to Finland so I did not have time. Besides, not all
patches will be merged

As far as I'm concerned: everything outside libs (and then mainly the
libraries used extensively, not pigment or kopageapp or the report stuff) can
be merged to trunk without much more ado. Anything in libs or kword or the
textshape needs review.

Since people mostly eyeball stuff on reviewboard instead of applying,
compiling and testing, I don't think you need to rebase your patches, you can
consolidate them (or not, your option) and post them to reviewboard. The usual
rules apply: no reaction in a week, you can commit, if there's a reaction and
it's not ship it, we need to resolve it.

Note: there are some patches in the branch that implement loading from odf,
but not saving. Thomas has raised a concern that saving is now an absolute
precondition for admission to trunk. Today I discussed this in Helsinki with
Lassi and Tasos and other people who work on KOffice and we decided that we'll
spend some time implementing saving. But please post library/textshape/kword
patches before that's done so we can discover any issues someone might have
with the approach.