List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Goal of the wise men council (Was: Re: Abusive copyright removal)
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-03-30 11:51:55

On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Ok.  But then we do have a big problem, since this sort of dicussion
> demotivates a lot of people and is very improductive, not to say un-fun.
I do agree (and I think everybody does) but it is extremely difficult to solve,
and I don't think a council can do it. What we need is clear policy that would
avoid such problem on:

* when it is ok to remove/add a copyright line
* when code should be committed with(out) review
* what to do with review that have received no attention (we currently have a
couple patches on review by external contributors that have not receive any
review or no final approving/disapproving after several weeks, all hope is not
lost since at least one of them has submited a gsoc proposal ;) )

And we also need that everybody takes on themselves to not respond to what
they perceive is a personal attack, it can only goes worse by answering. And
if there is an obvious attack, let someone else step in and say the red line
has been crossed (or ask someone else opinion).

--
Cyrille Berger