List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Change Tracking of Lists - Storing delete fragments
From:       Ganesh Paramasivam <ganesh () crystalfab ! com>
Date:       2010-03-26 10:12:46

> Perhaps a way to handle them in current ODF is to store each of them as a
> different deletion region with the <text:change> tags inside each
> <list-item>.

I did think about this initially. But here is the problem with that approach.

If we have a list delete like this

1. This is a list-item-1
              -----------------
2. This is a list-item-2
-------------
3. This is a list-item-3
4. This is a list-item-4

The user should be able to see this ( i.e. showing the list without a
change-visualization )

1. This is a list-item-2
2. This is a list-item-3
3. This is a list-item-4

But if we store it with this approach, it will end-up being this.

1. This is a
2. list-item-2
3. This is a list-item-3
4. This is a list-item-4