List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review policy proposal. Wat: Re: koffice
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-01-11 8:59:03

On Thursday 31. December 2009 18.18.01 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> I was wondering about the status to the move to git ?

The conversion rules for koffice are mostly done; I heard something about the
tags that need work but I'm not sure we even use tags (branches are there).

The conversion rules for the rest of KDE are still in a lot of need of
manpower and slowly people are joining in.

The uploading of the project to gitorious.org would likely raise some eyebrows
at this time. Or even in March. If we go ahead of the rest of KDE then I think
I've been digging my own grave by telling other projects that they should
instead work with the rest of KDE and have us leave no man behind.
In my defense; at that time KO was planning to do some of the writing of those
rules too, but that was prioritized down a bit since.

> Wouldn't that solve
>  many problem, then you could just show your branch. It would also reduce
>  the "emergency" need for commits. As I do not really like the "if no one
>  objects on 48hours then you can commit", especially for refactoring/big
>  changes commits.

For what its worth; I agree with that. I tend to just poke someone again if
they are not reviewing my patch in a timely manner or something like that. I
think the thing we here all can improve on is open communication. More
communication makes the whole rule of "48 hours" unneeded.

More rules and regulations tend to be a sign there is a social problem, almost
always due to communication, technical solutions or even rules tend to not
solve those.
--
Thomas Zander