List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review policy proposal. Wat: Re: koffice
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-01-03 13:01:04

On Thursday 31 December 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> I was wondering about the status to the move to git ?

I'm not sure where we are now. In principle, KOffice should be able to follow
Konversation and Amarok and could move to gitorious within a week. The issues
that are blocking the kde-wide move aren't too important for us (mostly, for
the rest of KDE the rules that pull together branches and tags in one git repo
aren't done yet, and that's a lot of work, there is a sponsoring issue and
there are some technical amenities that could be better).

> Wouldn't that solve
>  many problem, then you could just show your branch. It would also reduce
>  the "emergency" need for commits.

That is true. But we'd need to come up with a good policy for merging branches
into a mainline tree, as well as for the type of development commits that can
go into mainline directly. Something like the proposal Thorsten has made is a
good begin, I'd say.

>  As I do not really like the "if no one
>  objects on 48hours then you can commit", especially for refactoring/big
>  changes commits.

I see your point, but unless we have a designated "patch puller" getting
things into mainline will be just as contentious as it is now.