List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: flake API, kopathshape and friends
From:       Jan Hambrecht <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-12-18 10:15:10

On 18.12.2009 07:03, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> On Thursday 17 December 2009 10:46:40 Thomas Zander wrote:
>> On Saturday 12. December 2009 19.09.15 Thomas Zander wrote:
>>> I wrote stuff down in the wiki
>>> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Libs/Flake/PathShapes_API_review
>>> and I'd love some help here.
>>
> --
> KoPointGroup is a non-exported class but appears in an installed header. We
> should somehow move that out of the header.
> I would like to get rid of that class completely. jaham
> --
>
> The cIass is needed for the following:
>   * In svg it is possible when you use a close and the create a new subpath not
> using
>   * a moveTo that the new subpath starts at the same point as the last subpath.
> As
>   * every point can only have 2 control points we have this class to group
> points
>   * together which should be handled as one in e.g. a move.
>
> Therefor I think we should keep the class. I don't think it needs to be
> exported. So not installing the header should do the trick.

I think this particular svg feature is there to keep path definitions
small (there are other shorthand forms of path commands defined). So I
don't think we should not deduce any behavior in handling path points
from that.
Furthermore it is not taken into account in almost all path related code
and would also make this code a lot more complex.
All in all I think it is not worth the trouble and should be gone.

Ciao Jan