List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Improve the toolbox layout
From:       Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-14 22:43:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 5:54 PM, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 14. July 2009 14.46.48 Peter Simonsson wrote:
> > Review request for KOffice.
>
> I'm very sad that nobody bothered to update the wiki page with the
> usecases,
> so I don't really know what people expect from the toolbox. I bet thats an
> issue you might have had too.
> I'm very happy that you did put in some time in this, I haven't seen
> patches
> from you for some time :) :)
>
> I promise to give it a good run soon.  Unfortunately I'm busy tonight and
> tomorrow, but I'll give it a run soon.
> Cheers!

The problem with the usecases it that there are some things that you can't
put into a usecase.
Especially the basic layout of the toolbox is not very dependent on the use
e.g. the user might want to have all tool in one column, but that doesn't
affect the actual work.

In Krita you can manipulate pixels and shapes with different tools and at
the moment all tools are shown at the same time. You can do everything, but
you have to select the right tool. Depending on which type of layer you are,
you can't use some of the tools.