List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kexi/reports
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2009-06-08 12:19:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Mandag 08 juni 2009 13:00:18 skrev piggz1@gmail.com:
> Hi
> I'd certainly like to look at anything which makes kexi integrate more with
> office. What kind of data would plato like represented in a report? Is it
> anything that could be viewed in a record / field form?
Yes, most of the time it'll be tabular data grouped by/sorted on assorted
criteria.
What I had in mind was a report designer and generator embedded in kplato that
has the capability to generate reports on live data, then display, print and
save it. The saved data should be possible to display in a shape for inclusion
e.g. in kword.
I could also imagine shapes/tools that make it possible to design and generate
reports from within any koffice app.

--
Mvh.
Dag Andersen