List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kexi/reports
From:       Adam Pigg <piggz1 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-08 18:40:32

On Monday 08 June 2009 13:19:39 Dag Andersen wrote:
> Mandag 08 juni 2009 13:00:18 skrev piggz1@gmail.com:
> > Hi
> > I'd certainly like to look at anything which makes kexi integrate more
> > with office. What kind of data would plato like represented in a report?
> > Is it anything that could be viewed in a record / field form?
>
> Yes, most of the time it'll be tabular data grouped by/sorted on assorted
> criteria.
Is there an api in kplato for accessing the data?  we may need some kind of
wrapper in reports to present a suitable interface before we get a proper
solution in predicate.

> What I had in mind was a report designer and generator embedded in kplato
> that has the capability to generate reports on live data, then display,
> print and save it. The saved data should be possible to display in a shape
> for inclusion e.g. in kword.
the designer is in kexi/plugins/reportspgz/backend/wrtembed and it provides a
widget (ReportDesigner)

the renderer is in backend/renderer, and provides a pre-renderer, and 4 post-
renderers, screen/print/ods and html.

> I could also imagine shapes/tools that make it possible to design and
> generate reports from within any koffice app.
Im not against the idea, any help/ideas are welcome!