List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Brainstorming from the toolbox
From:       Alexandra Leisse <leisse () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-05-02 10:29:37

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 11:08, Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the page Cyrille!
> my suggestion was to have every app write down usecases; how is a toolbox
> used and what scene is created that will have to be possible in the
> resulting toolbox implementation.
>
> I think the current page is far too much conclusion drawing. Suggesting
> designs is something I think we should avoid until we know all the
> requirements of all the apps in koffice.   And writing down application
> usecases will be an immense help to get us started.
> Generally, anything with "should" doesn't help as you can't really see *why*
> a certain design limitation was added. Frankly speaking, its just stop-
> energy. Don't do that.
>
> If my explanation above is confusing maybe
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_case helps making it clearer.
>
> I would like to invite everyone to contribute to the page again replacing
> their section with specific usecases. Please try to avoid drawing any
> conclusions as they are only applicable to the current toolbox, and the
> resulting toolbox may be totally different where conclusions drawn now are
> not applicable.

Maybe it's not needed to rewrite the whole section but adding the
reasons you had in mind when writing down (or mocking up) the
suggestions would be helpful? I know that I am probably not the
targeted audience anyway but I have no idea *why* you came up with
this. I can only guess...

> Thanks!
>
> On Saturday 25. April 2009 22.57.04 Cyrille Berger wrote:
>> Following a discussion on IRC, Thomas suggested to start a brain storming
>> on how each one would like to see the toolbox look/behave in the various
>> KOffice application, so that we can then decide on how to fix the current
>> implementation, so I have started a wiki page on the subject:
>>
>> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Libs/Brainstorming/Toolbox
>>
>> Add your ideas there (put your name, or a suggestion title, since we can
>> have different ideas for each applications).
>
> --
> Thomas Zander

Alexandra Leisse
Sent from Oslo, 03, Norway